We are hiring a Managing Director, Media. This role will be split between media relations and account management. This is a perfect opportunity for a senior PR leader who is a self-starter, highly organized, and equally enjoys finding the next big media angle while also leading internal teams and processes.
Why work with us?
1) Our clients are leaders in tech and venture. If you like learning about the ever-changing world of startups, this position is right for you.
2)You are a communications strategist + PR pro: You are equally excited about creating great storylines as you are interacting with the media. Talking to reporters is second nature to you and you have an ear for what makes a good story.
3) You are entrepreneurial at heart: If you’re a go-getter, believe in using your skills and expertise to make an impact, get excited by working with great entrepreneurial leaders, and are looking for a multi-faceted position that spans PR and management, this is the position for you.
Specific Duties Include:
- Lead on-boarding of new clients.
- Drive media relations including creating and driving outreach, media strategy, effective pitching and training of clients spokespeople.
- Monitor, digest and apply industry trends.
- Manage and grow the SCG network of curated marketing channel partners.
- Support new business development initiatives – including client pitches and maintaining the SCG presence online and through materials.
- Account management including reporting, tracking, monitoring of results and serving as a go-to on all client communications.
Specific qualifications include:
- 10+ years of strong media relations and client relations experience, preferably with growth stage startup companies.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and multi-task with a can-do attitude.
- Track record of effective organizational management.
- Significant experience working with startups.
- A desire to positively impact a growing company’s company culture.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
This position is 20-25 hours to start with the potential to grow to full-time. Start date is ASAP and salary is commensurate with experience. This position is based in NYC with option to work remote part of the time.